Qualifications & experience required
The following competencies will be required from the successful candidate:
- A strong understanding of business and industry practices
- An ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex issues
- Good working experience on MS Project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong ability to collaborate and work alongside various members of Balwin Properties
- Strong presentation skills and ability to speak confidently when presenting at all levels
|Benefits:||Provident Fund, Medical Aid|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Good understanding of QS and Budget Control
- Ability to communicate effectively with government and municipal departments at high levels
- Accurately sets up programs for the office and provides support and assistance to ensure adherence to the systems
- Effectively deals with administration errors and queries.
- Sound understanding of construction and the application of construction guidelines
- Good knowledge and understanding of safety requirements on site
- Understands the requirements for placing orders and ensures that accurate arrangements are made when orders are placed and that delivery thereof is timeous and accurate.
- Good understanding of the requirement to deal with snags and to liaise with the relevant people and teams in order to resolve any issues as effectively as possible.
- Ability to understand and manage quality control issues to ensure that this is instilled in the teams working on site
- Able to prepare accurate forecasts per project and manages the project costs and do comparisons to ensure that the costing is managed and monitored effectively.
- Is aware of the necessity to report risks on site.
- Ability to guide and assist employees on site.
- Be actively involved in management meetings ensuring that reports are submitted timeously.
- Ability to manage team deadlines and ensure that quality and standard of work are not compromised while meeting deadlines.
- Have good people skills in order to understand site support staff and to know how best to motivate and encourage teams, in particular during times of high pressure.
- Sound understanding of people issues and how to manage them effectively in terms of soft skills, performance-related issues, and labor-related issues.
Skills & Traits
The following skills and behavioural traits will be required from the successful candidate:
The following skills and behavioral traits will be required from the successful candidate:
- Willingness to continuously learn and develop
- Professional and environmental aptitude
- Integrity, credibility, and commitment to and passion for Balwin’s mission and vision
- Good program knowledge in terms of IT – Word, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Excel, etc
- Strong negotiation and persuasion ability
- Time management and effective planning and organizing
- Ability to manage stress and work pressure
- Ability to work well with clients
- Strong communication skills on all levels
- Ability to action and drive results and outcomes